Sunday, March 25, 2007

Ohm.........


Meditation is good!

Mind control will be mine!



It's been a while since my last post. That doesn't mean that nothing is going on or that I've abandoned the blog. Quite the contrary its been very busy here. Work is a bit crazy with VIP visitors coming from the US, another Philippines meeting and upcoming trips to Melbourne and Tokyo. Its now a nice hot (like every day) Sunday and we have no big plans until tonight so I can do an update!

Since returning from the states after my visit to Milwaukee and my meeting in Miami, but for a quick overnight trip to my home away from home away from home, Manila, I've been here in Singapore. Working on some projects at the office and being social after hours and on weekend.

Last weekend we went to a party/fundraiser at the home of a guy I met through Rich Marcus in DC. The charity they are supporting is called Village Focus International (http://www.villagefocus.org/). They do some great work in Cambodia and Laos. Well worth looking into and helping out if you can. After that party we rushed over to help our new friend Ruchira celebrate her birthday. They were dining at the Breeze restaurant at the Scarlett Hotel. We'd never been there and found it to be a very cool, hip W-like place near Chinatown (http://www.thescarlethotel.com/). Breeze is a rooftop restaurant with a nice view of part of the city. We were in time for some champagne and desert and then a few more drinks in the hotel bar off the lobby. We stayed out way past our bedtime.

We hosted a small dinner party on Friday night with 6 of us dining. Myrna did a great job with the food - great fried Chinese appetizers, whole Philippine Style Red Snapper, lamb Masala and Chicken with Curry Leaves for mains and superb fresh banana/ mango "egg rolls" with chocolate sauce for desert. That plus some nice wine made for another nice (and late) night.

Sophia mentioned that our social life is starting to seem as if we were in "the season" in a Victorian novel.

Last night Sophia and I started private lessons in meditation with Vikas Malkani. We are meeting at the place where Sophia goes for yoga. (http://www.gaiayoga.com.sg/made_simple.html)(http://www.vikasmalkani.com/vikas.htm). In 4 sessions Vikas is teaching us to control our minds. I made need a few extra sessions as my mind is hard to control. But with a guarantee of happiness no stress free living how can we go wrong? Actually I was very happy with the first session. The simple take away so far is that stress, happiness, love, fear, anxiety and all of the emotions are created in one's mind. The external environment may be a trigger but it isn't the cause. Each person has the ability to control the mind and train it in a way that stress, fear and other bad emotions can be eliminated or at least minimized. We learned a few simple things in the first session and I have to say it looks promising. We will see how it goes. In a few weeks I may have total mind control. Maybe even as much as the guy with the show Mindfreak who can have someone write their initials on a quarter and then pull that same quarter out through the skin of his own arm!

So this coming week I'm off to Melbourne. I will try to take some pictures and report on my trip next weekend. This will be my 4th trip there and I always enjoy it. Very much like Chicago meets Toronto with populated by people living in the 1950 - but more on that then.

Be happy

No comments: